iPhone 6s and 6s Plus

iOS 8 was the biggest iOS release ever, but it has probably been the most buggiest release ever as well. Apple has released several software updates, which has reduced some of my major annoyances such as not being able to take a phone call, copy link not Share sheet etc, but there are still quite a few bugs that need to be fixed like the Wi-Fi issues that users still seem to be facing, frequent crashes of Safari and other apps, but as you might have guessed from the title, I am not writing to talk about them. My biggest frustration currently is that multitasking on my iPhone 6 Plus hardly seems to work. Whenever I switch between apps, most often the app ends up refreshing, which means that I have to navigate back to what I was doing, which is a colossal waste of my time. While I am fine if it happens occasionally, the current experience is quite frustrating.



iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus must-have feature: 2GB RAM or more

 So if I switch to Safari from an app or switch between tabs, it will reload the webpage, which also means that you end up using more data. If I am using YouTube, then it refreshes the app and takes me back to the Home page, so if I had searched for video, I have to search for it again, and hopefully find it, and forward it to the point I had stopped watching it etc. I am assuming that this is mostly because of the lack of RAM, though I am not sure why things weren’t so bad with the iPhone 5s, which had the same amount of RAM as the iPhone 6 Plus.

One of the strange things I have observed is that this happens a lot more with apps like Safari, YouTube, which makes it worse as they’re my most frequently used apps. I would be extremely happy if it is a software issue, and Apple magically fixes it in iOS 8.1.3 or iOS 8.2. If I had a PC or Mac, there was an easy way to fix the problem, I would have just upgraded the RAM to see if it helps.

I have used several iPhones since its launch, but this is the first time I’ve felt like disassembling my iPhone 6 Plus and upgrading the RAM (the reason for using the image above). So it may be a little early for a wish-list for the next generation iPhone, but I hope that the iPhone 6s Plus or iPhone 6 (or whatever Apple ends up calling it) has at least 2GB RAM. Though I highly doubt it will come with more than 2GB RAM, the chances of it coming with 2GB RAM seem to be quite good, since the iPad Air 2 comes with 2GB RAM and rumors have already indicated that next iPhone will come with 2GB RAM, in fact could Apple may use faster LPDDR4 RAM. Unless Apple fixes the issue I am having with a software update, I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to have at least 2GB of RAM in the next iPhone, if Apple cares about offering users a better user experience, which I know they do.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for share this post every one looking best service of iPhone repair now a days its too difficult to find out
    best repairing shop keep it up thanks for your reviews . . .


    Phone Repairs In Manchester | Mobile phone Unlocking in Bury

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... iPhone 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! sell your phone online in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting. iphonewiz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to chat your blog, I seem to be forward to more reliable articles and I think we all wish to thank so many good articles, blog to share with us. Best Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Mobile Phone Price in UAE

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. 안전공원

    ReplyDelete